- 10 eggs
- ¼ cup (57g) mayonnaise
- ¼ cup (61g) sour cream
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- chopped cilantro and chili powder for garnish
Cook the eggs in boiling water for 10-11 minutes, then remove and place in and ice bath to stop the cooking.
When cool, peel the eggs and cut them in half lengthwise.
Scoop out the yolks and transfer to a mixing bowl. Combine with mayonnaise, sour cream, paprika, garlic powder, mustard and vinegar.
Pipe or spoon the mixture back into the center of the eggs. Top each with chopped cilantro and a sprinkle of chili powder, then serve.
Tips For Success
- You need hard-boiled eggs with a firm yolk for this recipe. So try and cook them for about 10-11 minutes.
- To cool them fast do it in some iced water, but if you have time then just let them cool down naturally.
- Feel free to buy pre-cooked eggs to save time.
- To make the eggs look pretty you can pipe the filling on.
- If you don’t want to pipe the eggs you can just use a spoon to add the filling back in.
These spicy Deviled Eggs are delicious because of their simplicity, but you might want to take it to the next level…
- Add heat - feel free to add in some diced jalapeño, chipotle, cayenne or red pepper flakes for a bit of heat.
- Add fresh herbs - a sprinkle of your favorite chopped fresh herbs will make a huge difference.
- Add meat - diced bacon or buffalo chicken would make a great addition.
- Buy eggs when on sale - buy them on sale and serve deviled eggs then.
- Use up leftover eggs - use up those leftover eggs from Easter egg hunts and dyed eggs.
- Keep it simple - just mix in some mayo and mustard and you got some classic Deviled Eggs there.
- Make deviled egg salad - if you have leftover deviled eggs, just mash them up and turn them into egg salad or an egg salad sandwich!
Weight Watchers Points
There are 3 Blue Plan SmartPoints in a serving.
Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 169mg | Sodium: 120mg | Potassium: 76mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 327IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg