- 1 pound (450g) spaghetti
- 1 pound (454g) ground beef meatballs
- 1 ½ cups (337g) marinara sauce warmed
- 5 mozzarella pearls (bocconcini), sliced into small circles
- 1 handful black olives
Preheat the oven to 400F /200C and line a rimmed baking sheet with some lightly oiled parchment paper.
Place the meatballs on the baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, until cooked through. Take out of the oven and set aside.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add spaghetti and cook according to package directions. Drain well and transfer to a serving platter.
Pour warm marinara sauce over spaghetti, then scatter with meatballs.
Place a mozzarella pearl on each of the meatballs, and then top with each with an black olive so they resemble eyeballs.
- Prepare the cheese and the olives while the meatballs cook.
- Allow the meatballs to cool slightly before adding the cheese so it just melts, and you will have a better eyeball effect.
- Sauce the pasta, add it to a serving platter, and add the warm meatballs before adding the cheese and olives.
- Don’t forget to warm the sauce before adding it to the Halloween pasta.
- Storage - keep leftovers in an airtight container inside the fridge for up to 4 days.
Calories: 550kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 445mg | Potassium: 577mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 278IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 3mg