- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 ½ cups (354g) rice
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 4 cups (950ml) stock
- ½ cup (113g) frozen pumpkin diced
- ¼ cup (60ml) heavy cream
- 3 cup (270g) parmesan cheese
Select sauté on the Instant Pot and add butter to melt. Add the onion and saute for 5 minutes until translucent. Stir in the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds more.
Stir in the rice, cooking for about 2 minutes until the rice is slightly transparent. Pour the white wine and stir to combine and cook for 30 seconds more.
Add the stock and the diced pumpkin or butternut squash. Close and seal the lid and set it on high pressure for 6 minutes.
At the end of time, manually release steam. Open the lid and stir the risotto well.
Add the heavy cream and the parmesan cheese and stir to incorporate.
- Cooking time does not include the time it takes for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure.
- Use arborio rice for the creamiest risotto.
- Butter and stock both have salt, but you should taste for seasoning and add additional salt if needed.
- Use warm broth for better results.
- Use freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- If your finished risotto is too loose, add additional parmesan cheese. If your finished risotto is too tight, add a little extra stock or cream.
- Storage - keep in an airtight container inside the fridge for up to 3 days.
Calories: 482kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 1483mg | Potassium: 158mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1868IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 609mg | Iron: 3mg