- 1 pound (450g) skinless, boneless chicken breasts halved crosswise cut in half crosswise
- ½ cup (50g) gluten-free breadcrumbs or regular breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt optional and to taste
- cooking spray
Preheat the air fryer to 350F / 180C.
Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, paprika, oregano, poultry seasoning and salt in a bowl or zip top bag.
Spray both sides of the chicken breasts with a calorie-controlled cooking spray or olive oil.
Coat both sides of the chicken breasts with the breading mixture, then place in the air fryer basket, making sure there is space between them.
Cook for 10-12 minutes, then turn over and cook the second side for an additional 8-10 minutes (checking for doneness halfway through), depending on the size of the chicken breasts.
- Cut the chicken into evenly sized pieces for even cooking.
- Dry the chicken with paper towels before adding the oil and breadcrumb mixture, so you have perfectly crispy fried chicken.
- Use your hand to gently press the breading mixture into the sides of the chicken.
- For the crispiest chicken, do not allow the chicken to touch or overlap in the basket.
- Always use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. Chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165F / 74C.
- Storage - keep in an airtight container inside the fridge for 3 days.
- There are 2 WW Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving of this.
Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 209mg | Potassium: 445mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 339IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 1mg