- 12 ounces (340g) 1 box of Rice Chex cereal
- 1 ½ cups (150g) chocolate chips
- 1 cup (250g) peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (224g) powdered sugar
Pour chex cereal into a large bowl. You want to have space to mix in the chocolate.
Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in about 30 seconds intervals until melted and smooth. Stir in the vanilla extract.
Pour mix over the Chex cereal and gently mix so cereal is all coated. Let the chocolate cool for a few minutes but not to harden.
When cooled pour everything into a large ziplock bag followed by the powdered sugar and zip tight.
Shake the bag until the powdered sugar coats the cereal. Keep shaking, it will eventually all coat!
Transfer into the serving bowl and serve.
- Make sure you use a large enough bowl to accommodate your Chex mix and everything else.
- You can add more powdered sugar if you want it sweeter.
- Make sure you get a big Ziploc bag as the mix will not fit in a smaller bag. Alternatively, you may need to get 2 smaller bags.
- Watch for Sales – Many stores offer sales on cereal and chocolate regularly. Look out for coupons or discounts on shopping apps.
- Buy Generic – Store-brand and other generic ingredients are an inexpensive alternatives.
- Storage - keep in an airtight container for 5 days.
Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 140mg | Potassium: 187mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 2IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg