- 12 ounces (340g) 1 box Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 ½ cups (150g) chocolate chips semi-sweet
- 1 cup (250g) peanut butter
- 2 cups (224g) powdered sugar
- ½ cup (101g) mini chocolate candies Halloween colored
- 1 cup (200g) candy corn
- 1 handful eyeball candies
Pour Chex cereal into a large bowl. You want to have space to mix in the chocolate.
In a separate microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips using 30 second increments, stirring the chocolate each time. Then mix in the peanut butter. If you find the mixture is too thick, melt int the microwave for an additional 10 seconds.
Pour the mixture over the cereal and gently stir so that the cereal is just coated.
Transfer into a large ziplock bag , then add powdered sugar and zip the bag closed. Be sure it's tightly sealed shut.
Then shake the bag until the all of the cereal is coated with powdered sugar.
Transfer into a serving bowl, add the candy, and gently mix together.
- There are about 9 cups of cereal, so be sure you use a large enough bowl to accommodate everything.
- Add more powdered sugar if you want it sweeter.
- Make sure you get a big ziplock bag so that the mixture all fits.
- Some of the mix-ins may fall to the bottom, so save a little to sprinkle on top just before serving.
- Buy Candy After the Holiday – Candy is often marked down in a day or two following a holiday. Hit the store early and stock up on your favorites at a fraction of the price.
- Watch for Sales – Many stores offer sales on cereal and chocolate regularly. Look out for coupons or discounts on shopping apps.
- Buy Generic – Store-brand and other generic ingredients are inexpensive alternatives.
- Storage - keep in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Calories: 493kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 212mg | Potassium: 224mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 62g | Vitamin A: 2IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg