- 2 pounds (900) baby potatoes
- 1 cup (225g) cooked bacon bits
- 1 ½ cups (125g) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch green onions finely sliced
- 4 tablespoons Ranch dressing
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
Add potatoes in a saucepan, cover with salted water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until tender.
In the meantime, mix together the ranch dressing, sour cream and mayonnaise and set aside.
Immediately drain potatoes and rinse under cold water and transfer into a bowl.
Roughly cut potatoes into large chunks and mix in the bacon, cheese and green onions, followed by the salad dressing.
Refrigerate for a couple of hours, until chilled, before serving.
- Don't over-boil the potatoes. Otherwise, they end up waterlogged and fall apart.
- Cook the potatoes in salted water for a little bit of flavor.
- Drain potatoes well otherwise excess water will dilute the dressing and make it less tasty.
- Add heat - If you love spicy food, add a bit of crushed red pepper or diced jalapenos to the salad.
- Add other meats - feel free to add in some shredded cooked chicken or ham.
- Storage - keep in airtight container inside the fridge for up to 4 days.
Calories: 409kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 793mg | Potassium: 560mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 274IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 207mg | Iron: 1mg