- 3 large ripe tomatoes about 1 pound (453g)
- 2 Tablespoons shredded basil
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove finely minced
- salt and pepper to taste
Slice tomatoes and combine in a bowl with all the ingredients.
Allow them to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, and up to 24 hours.
Serve and enjoy!
- Don’t waste ingredients on under-ripe tomatoes. This salad deserves juicy, red, vine-ripened tomatoes.
- Bigger tomatoes are easier to slice.
- If you use dried herbs, use less than the recipe calls for as their flavor can be more potent.
- The longer you let this salad marinate, the more flavorful it will be.
- Store – This tomato salad should be stored in the fridge. It will keep for about 3 days, so enjoy them the first day and then for 3 more days. You can move it to the counter about 1 hour before serving if you prefer room temperature tomatoes.
- There are 4 Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving of this.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 143kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 228mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 821IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg