For the chicken
- 1 lb (450g) chicken breast cut into bite sized cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
For the salad
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1 bell pepper deseeded and sliced
- 1 cup (149g) grape tomatoes
- ½ cup (90g) black olives
- ¼ red onion diced
- 1 cup (140g) tzatziki sauce for serving
Mix together all the chicken ingredients in a bowl.
Heat a teaspoon of olive oil skillet over medium heat and add in chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches at least 165F / 74C. Set aside and let cool.
Prepare the cucumber, peppers, grape tomatoes, olives and red onion. Divide between four meal prep containers.
Add the cooled chicken to the containers and store in the refrigerator until needed.
Top meal prep bowl with tzatziki just before serving.
- Store each serving in reusable meal containers for ease of use.
- Always check for doneness with a meat thermometer. The temperature should be 165F/74C when inserted into the thickest part of chicken breasts.
- Cool the chicken completely before adding to the salad. This will prevent the salad ingredients from wilting and will prevent excess moisture.
- Add the tzatziki sauce just before serving.
- Store – Store individual portions in reusable containers for 3-5 days.
- There are 5 Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving of this.
Calories: 307kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 695mg | Potassium: 716mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1614IU | Vitamin C: 48mg | Calcium: 132mg | Iron: 1mg