- 2 ½ pounds (1.1kg) ripe tomatoes deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeño or serrano pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons lime juice or more or less, to taste
- 4 tablespoons chopped oregano
- salt to taste
Remove the seeds from both the tomatoes and the jalapeño.
Finely chop the tomato, onion, and pepper.
Add to a bowl along with the lime juice, oregano, and salt. Stir well to combine.
Let stand for at least 10 minutes, then serve.
- Wear gloves or wash your hands well after cutting the jalapeño. Nothing hurts worse than when you touch your eye after you chopped a pepper.
- Cut all of the veggies into small pieces, similar in size. This will help the ingredients to mix evenly, so you get a bit of everything in every spoonful.
- Serve with a slotted spoon to eliminate extra moisture.
- Press and roll the lime on the counter or microwave it for 30 seconds before cutting, and this will yield more juice.
- Store – unused Chipotle tomato salsa can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week.
- There are 0 Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving of this.
Calories: 32kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 321mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 997IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1mg