- 2 cups (500g) rice rinsed and drained
- 2 ¾ cups (650ml) water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil optional
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- salt to taste
- ½ cup (50g) chopped cilantro leaves
Add the water, oil (if using), lime juice, lime zest and salt to the Instant Pot insert, followed by the rice. Mix together well.
Close the Instant Pot and seal, select the pressure cook (or manual) button, select high pressure, and set the timer to 5 minutes.
When done let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes before quickly releasing the rest of the pressure.
Fluff the rice, add the chopped cilantro, and let stand for another 5 minutes before serving.
- Make sure to rinse the rice until it runs clear and drain well before cooking.
- Fluff and let the rice sit for a few minutes before before serving.
- Cook with broth - use broth instead of water for extra flavor.
- Add fragrant spices - add spices such as cumin or cinnamon sticks when cooking.
- Add lemon - a squeeze of lemon juice and some zest is a great addition to the lime.
- Add heat - some red pepper flakes or cayenne powder is an easy way to add heat.
- Use any variety of long grain rice you have on hand.
- Storage - store in an airtight container inside the fridge for up to 4 days, or in the freezer for up to 6 weeks.
- There are 6 WW Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving of this.
Calories: 185kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 63mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 69IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg