- 1 lb (453g) chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ⅓ cups (33g) crushed cornflakes
- 3 tablespoons ranch seasoning
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan
Preheat the oven to 375F / 190C / gas 5.
Brush olive oil over both sides of the chicken.
Combine crush cornflakes, ranch seasoning, and grated parmesan in a shallow dish.
Coat the chicken breasts in cornflakes mixture, pressing down to make sure both sides are well coated.
Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and cover loosely with foil.
Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes, then remove foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165F / 74C when a meat thermometer is inserted into the thickest part of chicken breasts.
- Purchase plain cornflakes. Do not use frosted flakes or this recipe will be too sweet.
- Crush the cornflakes very well. You don’t want a powder, but you do want to avoid large pieces of cornflakes.
- To ensure an even coating, gently press the chicken into the cornflake mixture.
- Be sure to cover the chicken with foil for the first 30 minutes of cooking time. This will prevent the cornflakes from burning.
- Always check for doneness with a meat thermometer. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165F / 74C when the thermometer is inserted into the thickest part.
- Remove the chicken from the oven as soon as it reaches the appropriate temperature to keep it juicy.
- Storage - keep chicken in an airtight container inside the fridge for up to 4 days.
- There are 4 Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving of this.
Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 1073mg | Potassium: 447mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 114IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 1mg