- 2 1/2 pounds (1.1kg) boneless and skinless chicken breast cut into strips
- 1 cup (240ml) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning
- 3 bell peppers (1 red, 1 yellow, 1 green or orange), sliced in thicker long slices
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- 8 small corn or flour tortillas
- Optional toppings: sour cream, parsley, avocado, lime wedges
Pour chicken broth into the Instant Pot insert, and in chicken strips and sprinkle with fajita seasoning.
Place bell peppers and onions on top of the chicken distributed in an even layer.
Add the lime juice and zest.
Place the lid on and turn the valve to the sealing position. Set to Manual Pressure / High Pressure for 4 minutes.
When done, perform a quick pressure release, open the lid and transfer fajita mixture to a serving plate.
Squeeze some additional lime juice onto the chicken and veggies.
Serve with tortillas and toppings of your choice.
- Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. Chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165F / 74C.
- Cut the chicken into evenly sized pieces.
- The onions and peppers may be more tender than traditionally cooked fajitas, but you will still love this recipe.
- Cook time listed does not include time for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure, or for the pressure to release.
- There are 4 Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving of this.
Calories: 481kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 65g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 181mg | Sodium: 673mg | Potassium: 1426mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3001IU | Vitamin C: 125mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 2mg