- 10 hard boiled eggs
- 1 ½ cup (345g) mayonaise
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- ¼ cup (50g) chopped cilantro optional
- ½ cup (51g) chopped celery or other veggies, as preferred
- 4 slices whole wheat bread or rolls
Peel the hard-boiled eggs, place in a mixing bowl and mash.
Add in the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
Spread the egg salad onto slices bread to create sandwiches.
Tips For Success
- Older eggs are easier to peel when hard-boiled than fresh eggs.
- Finely chop the veggies before adding them to the eggs.
- Refrigerate the eggs salad for at least 12 hours to let the flavors come together.
- Classic Egg Salad - Not sure you’ll love this Mexican makeover? Leave out the garlic, cumin, cilantro, and chopped veggies.
- Make it Spicy - Mix in a sprinkle of cayenne pepper or add some chopped jalapeno peppers.
- Use Leftover Easter Eggs - Store your Easter eggs in the fridge and use them for egg salad.
Make Ahead and Storage
- Prep Ahead - You do not need to prep this in advance, but doing so helps to develop the flavor from the spices. Make the night before for the best flavor.
- Store - Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. Consume within four days.
- Freeze – Freezing is not recommended.
More Recipes You May Like
Calories: 848kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 78g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 502mg | Sodium: 898mg | Potassium: 324mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1089IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 3mg