- 4 chicken breasts pounded flat and even
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 3 bell peppers deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cups (166g) shredded cheese
Preheat oven to 350F / 176C / gas 4.
Mix chicken breasts with oil and fajitas seasoning then place in the bottom of the casserole dish.
Add in the sliced onion and peppers and then top with the cheese.
Bake for about 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165F / 74C.
Serve with your favorite fajita toppings.
- Look for four evenly-sized chicken breasts for even cooking.
- Thinly sliced, uniformly cut pieces of peppers will cook quicker and evenly.
- Always check chicken for doneness with a meat thermometer. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of at least 165F / 74C.
- Make it Spicy - Add some sliced jalapenos, thinly sliced poblanos, or pepper jack cheese to give this fajita chicken a little kick.
- Make it Creamy - Combine room temperature cream cheese, fajita seasoning, and oil and coat the chicken. Proceed with the recipe as directed, and you will have a creamy, cheesy sauce.
- There are 8 Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving of this.
Calories: 379kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 126mg | Sodium: 626mg | Potassium: 694mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3315IU | Vitamin C: 118mg | Calcium: 387mg | Iron: 1mg