- 24 chocolate chip cookies
- 48 ounces 1 carton (864g) vanilla ice cream
Let ice cream soften on the counter for 30 minutes. If you are in a rush you can microwave it for 45 seconds.
Spread ice cream out onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet to a thickness of about 1 - 1 1/2 inches.
Place into the freezer and freeze for at least 2 hours. If you can freeze overnight that is even better.
Use a round cookie cutter to cut out 12 rounds of ice cream that are similar in diameter to your cookies.
Place the ice cream rounds onto 12 cookies, then top with the remaining 12 cookies to create the sandwiches.
Place the ice cream sandwiches back into the freezer for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Soften the ice cream by letting it sit on the counter for about 30 minutes. You can also speed up the process by microwaving it for about 45 seconds.
- Cut the ice cream to a size similar to your cookies. It’s okay if it is a bit smaller or larger.
- Make Homemade Cookies - Homemade cookies are less expensive than store-bought. Plus, they usually taste better, and it’s fun to do.
- Shop Sales - But cookies and ice cream on sale, use coupons or look for discounts in shopping apps.
- Buy Store Brands - Store brand cookies and ice cream will be less expensive than name brands.
Calories: 345kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 170mg | Potassium: 266mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 477IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 145mg | Iron: 1mg