- 1 ½ pound (680g) french fries cooked
- 1 pound (453g) cooked chicken shredded
- ½ cup (100ml) buffalo hot sauce
- 2 cups (166g) cheddar cheese shredded
- ¼ cup (60g) ranch dressing
- ¼ cup (34g) blue cheese crumbled
Preheat the oven to 400F / 200C / gas 6.
In a bowl, combine the chicken with the buffalo sauce, mixing until all the chicken is coated.
Place the french fries in a baking dish and top with the buffalo chicken. Finish with a layer of the shredded cheddar cheeBnd bake for 6 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Remove from the oven, drizzle with the ranch dressing, and top with the blue cheese crumbles.
Tips For Success
- Be sure to thoroughly cook the french fries before adding the chicken and cheese.
- Evenly spread the chicken over the top of the fries rather than piling it all in the center.
- If you prefer more evenly distributed cheese, sprinkle half of the cheese over the fries before adding the chicken, then add the remaining cheese.
These Buffalo Chicken Fries are good as is but here are a few variations.
- Load 'Em Up - Make loaded chicken and fries by topping them with bacon, sliced green onions, and slices of pickled jalapenos.
- Hot Fries - Use spicy seasoned fries, pepper jack cheese, and add some pickled or diced jalapenos to make these buffalo cheese fries EXTRA spicy!
- Use Leftover Chicken - This chicken cheese fries recipe is perfect for using leftover chicken.
- Shop Sales - Look for rotisserie chicken on sale, shred the meat and freeze for later use.
- Adjust the Portions - Adjust the portions of this recipe up or down to fit your family size.
Calories: 965kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 62g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 156mg | Sodium: 2344mg | Potassium: 1121mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 731IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 488mg | Iron: 4mg