- 2 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 1 cup (28g) crushed Cornflakes cereal
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (240mL) buttermilk
Combine crushed cornflakes, garlic powder, and salt in a dish or a large plastic bag.
Pour buttermilk into a separate bowl, dip the cubed chicken in the buttermilk, then roll them in the cornflakes mixture.
Press lightly on the Cornflakes coating so it sticks to the chicken.
Place chicken pieces in a single layer in the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes at 350F / 176C.
Repeat process until all of the popcorn chicken is cooked.
- Spray your air fryer with cooking spray, or use a piece of parchment to prevent the chicken from sticking to the basket.
- If possible, allow the chicken to rest for about 10 minutes after coating and before air frying. This helps the coating to adhere to the chicken.
- Leave space between the pieces of chicken.
- Shake or turn the chicken halfway through cooking.
- Check for doneness with a meat thermometer. The internal temperature of chicken should reach at least 165F / 76C.
There are 3 Blue Plan SmartPoints in a serving of this.
- Purchase Chicken in Bulk - Buy chicken when it’s on sale or buy it in bulk to get the best prices. Freeze what you don’t use right away for later.
- Use Stale Cornflakes - Didn’t eat all the cornflakes before they went stale? Save them in a bag in the freezer to use for coating chicken.
- Cook Once, Eat Twice -
- Make a big batch of chicken and serve it in wraps for dinner the second night.
Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 501mg | Potassium: 524mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 160IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 1mg