- 1 Pound (454g) chicken breast diced into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 onion peeled diced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 31.5 ounces (893g) cream of chicken soup 3 x 10.5 ounce cans
- 1 cup (237ml) chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups (260g) frozen baby carrot and peas defrosted and drained
Place everything except the peas and carrots in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3 1/2 - 4 hours, or on low for 7-8 hours.
During the last 30 minutes of cooking, open the lid, add in the peas and carrots, cover, and continue to cook.
When cook time is done, adjust seasonings as needed and serve.
Tips For Success
- Freeze the chicken for about 15 minutes to make it easier to cut into cubes.
- Do not add the peas and carrots until the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Defrost and drain the peas and carrots before adding them to the crockpot.
- Add More Veggies - Try adding corn, green beans, and lima beans for a pot pie that's loaded with veggies.
- Sweet Potatoes - Use sweet potatoes for a fun and colorful variation.
- Make it Creamy - Love extra creamy soup? Stir in a bit of heavy cream during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Purchase Chicken in Bulk - Buying chicken in bulk is often less expensive, and you can freeze it in single portions for later use.
- Freeze Veggies - You can purchase frozen veggies, but it’s also easy and more economical to freeze your own.
- Make Your Own Stock - Save chicken bones and veggie peels in the freezer. When you have enough to fill a pot, add water and boil to make stock. Stock can also be frozen and used when needed.
Weight Watchers Points
There are 9 Blue Plan SmartPoints in a serving of this.
Calories: 483kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 92mg | Sodium: 1847mg | Potassium: 1223mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 7101IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 5mg