- 2 large tortillas
- 1 cup (83g) grated cheese
- 1 cup (149g) diced peppers
- 1 cup (172g) seasoned black beans drained
- 1 cup (75g) shredded lettuce
Place each tortilla on a plate and slice one side to the middle.
Place cheese, peppers, seasoned beans and lettuce on each quarter. I suggest placing the cheese on the quarter that you would fold last.
Fold the tortilla up counter clockwise, ending with the cheese corner.
Place the tortilla seam side down on a hot skillet and grill for 1-2 minutes before flipping and cooking for another 1-2 minutes.
Tips For Success
- If your beans are not seasoned enough you can add a little bit of salsa for flavor.
- If you don't want to slice the tortillas, a good tip is to fold the wrap in half and then in half again before opening it so you get fold marks which helps show you where to add the ingredients.
- It is better for the cheese to be on the outside so that it melts.
- Vary the beans – Feel free to use other beans like pinto beans, red kidney beans, etc to your taste.
- Make it spicy – You can easily add in a bit of heat via some jalapenos.
Budget Friendly Tips
- Add extra veggies - Add in some extra veggies like corn to bulk it out.
- Use whatever seasoned beans you have on hand.
- Feel free to double up the recipe for meal prep.
Storage And Prep Ahead
- Prep Ahead – Whilst this can be prepped ahead, it will end up soggy so I don't recommend it. It is so quick to do that I suggest making them just before you eat them.
- Refrigerate – let cool and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat - reheat on a preheated skillet or sandwich toaster for a few minutes until the cheese has melted.
- This recipe stores for 3 days, so you can eat it on the day you cook it plus 3 more days.
- Separate leftovers in single serving-sized portions, place in airtight meal prep containers, and let cool completely with the lids off before sealing and storing.
- To vary it up through the week serve it up with different treats like salsa, guacamole, and serve as a side with soups.
Weight Watchers Points
There are 12 Blue Plan SmartPoints in a serving of this.
More Recipes You Might like
Calories: 416kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 1166mg | Potassium: 495mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 838IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 501mg | Iron: 4mg