- 4 cups (500g) chopped fruit such as Strawberry, Watermelon, Mango, Cucumber and Kiwi
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ cup (177ml) water up to 1 cup, depending
- 2 tablespoons lime juice up to 4 tablespoons, depending to your taste
Chop fruit and add to a blender along with the water, sugar and lime juice.
Blend until smooth (if you want some chunks in your ice pops, just pulse a couple of times).
Pour into silicone popsicle molds, insert sticks, and freeze overnight.
Tips For Success
- For the watermelon, you don’t have to add the water. Since watermelon has a high water content, you can use an extra 2 cups of fruit instead.
- For the cucumber and kiwi, you can go 50/50 or 75/25, depending on which you want to be the dominant flavor.
- Silicone molds are the best, as the popsicles can be removed easier.
In this post you get four variations of Mexican Ice Pops:
- Strawberry Paletas
- Watermelon Paletas
- Kiwi Cucumber Paletas
- Mango Paletas
- Vary the fruits and vegetables - others you can use include avocado, peaches, pineapple, guanabana, blackberries, passion fruit, and banana.
- Make it spicy – You can easily add in a bit of heat via some jalapenos.
Weight Watchers Points
There is 1 Blue Plan SmartPoint in a serving.
Calories: 28kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 72mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 347IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg