- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 6 small shallots or one small onion peeled and finely sliced
- 1 pound (454g) green beans trimmed and tailed
- garlic salt to taste
- 6 slices cooked bacon cut into pieces
- 1 cup (236ml) chicken stock
Heat oil over medium heat in a skillet or large saucepan and sauté shallots for a couple of minutes until softened.
Add the green beans and a fourth of the bacon and cook for a minute
Mix in the garlic salt (and any add-ins) and stock, cover and simmer for 15 minutes (green beans with a little bite) to 20-22 minutes (softer beans).
Uncover, adjust seasonings as needed, switch off the heat, and top with the remaining bacon.
Serve as is for a low carb dish, or with rice or cornbread as a main dish.
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 303mg | Potassium: 488mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 790IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 2mg