- 1 pound (450g) chicken breast diced
- 2 potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 cup (201g) baby carrots cut in half
- Half onion diced
- 1 cup (240 ml) chicken stock
- ½ cup (72g) peas canned, fresh, or frozen
- ¾ cup (180ml) milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper to taste
Add the chicken, veggies (except for the peas), and stock to the Instant Pot and cover, turn the valve to sealing, and set to manual / high pressure for 6 minutes.
Perform a quick pressure release, open the lid, toss in the peas and stir.
In a small bowl combine the milk and flour and pour into the Instant Pot.
Set to sauté and cook for approximately 4 minutes, or until thickened. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the peas after you pressure cook the rest of the ingredients, or they will be mushy.
There are 5 Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving of this.
- Top it Off - Serve with canned biscuits, crescent rolls, or puff pastry.
- Cook Once, Eat Twice - Double the recipe and freeze the leftovers for later use.
- Buy Chicken in Bulk - Buying chicken in larger packages is usually less expensive. Buy it in bulk and freeze it in single portions for later use.
- Freeze Veggies - If you have extra carrots, peas, or onions that you don’t use for this recipe, you can freeze them for later.
- Make Your Own Stock - Save chicken bones and veggie peels in the freezer. When you have enough to fill a pot, add water and boil to make stock. Stock can also be frozen.
Calories: 306kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 270mg | Potassium: 1135mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 4664IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 2mg