- 1 lb (900g) red potatoes baby or regular
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Garlic salt
Light up the campfire or grill to medium high.
Mix all the ingredients together in a plastic bag until everything is coated
Split the red potatoes across 2 sheets of aluminium foil and fold edges of foil up around the food to form a closed foiled packet.
If grilling on a campfire or grill, then cook the foil packets potatoes for 20-25 minutes until tender but cooked through.
Serve as is or topped with herbs etc
Recipe Tips and Delicious Variations
- Cut the potatoes to the same size so they cook at the same rate.
- Cook for a bit longer if you want slightly more caramelised potatoes.
- Add extra foil - Sometimes doubling the foil is a great way to keep in the steam and liquid the food cooks in.
- Vary the spices - feel free to use taco seasoning or another seasoning to your taste.
- Add heat - chili powder, cayenne, or chipotle are easy ways to add some heat.
Budget Friendly Notes
- Double up - feel free to double or triple the recipe.
- Make into a complete meal - add some leftover salsa, or left over meats for a complete meal.
- Use any potatoes – use whichever potatoes you have.
Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 21mg | Potassium: 529mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg