- 2 cups basmati rice drained
- 14 oz tin of coconut milk
- 1 ¾ cup of water
- Salt to taste
Add the water, coconut milk and salt into the Instant Pot insert, followed by the rice and mix well.
Close the Instant Pot and seal, select pressure cook (or manual) button and select high pressure and set the timer to 5 minutes.
When done let the pressure release naturally for 8 minutes before quick pressure release the rest of the pressure.
Fluff the rice and let stand for another 5 minutes before serving.
Tips For Success
- Make sure to rinse the rice till it runs clear and drain before cooking.
- Fluff and let the rice sit for a few minutes before before serving.
- Be sure to mix the coconut milk well if it has separated. I find it easy to microwave in a bowl before mixing if it has separated.
- Cook with stock - use stock instead of water for extra flavor.
- Add fragrant spices - add spices e.g. cinnamon stick, cloves cardamom pods etc.
- Add citrus - a squeeze of lemon juice or citrus juice and some zest make a huge difference.
- Add heat - some red pepper flakes or cayenne is an easy way to add heat.
Budget Friendly Tips
- Use any long grain rice you have to hand.
- You can easily use half the coconut milk and extra water.
Calories: 355kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 216mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 3mg