- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ red onion chopped
- 1 chicken breast boneless and skinless
- 2 ½ cups (591ml) chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup (225ml) tomato sauce
- 3 cups (325g) fresh tortellini
- 1 ½ cup (45g) baby spinach
- ¾ cup (177ml) heavy cream
Set the Instant Pot to the sauté setting. Add the olive oil and the onion and cook until translucent. Add the chicken breast, stock, spices, and tomato sauce.
Close the lid and turn the valve to the sealing position. Set to manual pressure / high pressure for 6 minutes.
When done, perform a quick pressure release (QPR) to manually release steam. Then open the lid and, with the help of 2 forks, shred the chicken breast.
Set to sauté mode again. Add the tortellini and cook for 5 minutes. Turn off.
Then add in spinach and heavy cream and stir to incorporate. Wait 3 minutes before serving to allow the spinach to wilt a bit.
- Use chicken thighs – Use boneless skinless chicken thighs for an even more affordable option.
- Use the greens you have – use the greens you already have on hand, kale for example works just as well as spinach.
- Bulk it with veggies – You could add in a few more veggies and a little more broth to bulk it out.
- There are 10 Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving of this.
Calories: 406kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 649mg | Potassium: 467mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1335IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 3mg