- ⅓ cup (79g) buffalo sauce such asFrank’s Red Hot Sauce
- ¼ cup (44g) softened cream cheese mixed to make smooth
- 1 pound (453g) shredded chicken
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- 1 green scallion finely chopped
- 25 wonton wrappers
To Air Fry
In a small bowl, combine the buffalo sauce and cream cheese until the mixture is smooth.
Add in the shredded chicken, blue cheese crumbles and green onions to the cream cheese mixture until everything is well combined.
Scoop small amounts of the filling into each wonton wrapper. Wet the edges with water and fold to seal.
Preheat the Air Fryer temperature to 350 degrees F / 180 degrees C.
Lightly spray the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray. Add the buffalo chicken wontons in a single layer and lightly spray the wontons with oil.
Air fry the wontons for 6-8 minutes until golden brown, turning halfway through cooking.
Place the cooked wontons on a plate and serve warm.
To Deep Fry
Heat two inches of cooking oil to 350 degrees F / 180 degrees C in a pan with deep sides over medium high heat.
When the oil has come to temperature, add the wontons and fry for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden brown.
Place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain off the excess oil.
To Oven Bake
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F / 180 degrees C.
Line a baking tray with parchment or a silicone mat and add the wontons in a single layer on the try.
Brush the wontons with an egg wash and bake for about 10 minutes or until golden in color.
- Bring the cream cheese to room temperature before making the filling.
- Blend the cream cheese and buffalo sauce before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Chop the shredded chicken into smaller pieces to make filling each wonton wrapper with small amounts easier to do. Large chunks of chicken can be challenging to work with.
- Finely chop the green onions before adding to the mixture.
- Don’t overfill wontons or they will be difficult to seal and the cream cheese will ooze out during frying.
- When folding the buffalo chicken wontons, don’t over moisten the edges or the wontons can become soggy.
- Add a light coating of oil to your prep area to prevent the wontons from sticking to your work surface.
- Cover the filled and folded wontons with a damp paper towel while you continue working. This will prevent them from drying out.
- When you air fryer wontons, leave space between them so they don’t stick together and become chewy.
- Spray the wontons with oil on both sides to get a nice crispy coating.
- There are 4 WW Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving of this.
Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 701mg | Potassium: 223mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0.4g | Vitamin A: 200IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 2mg