- 6 chicken thighs frozen, bone in and skin on
- ⅓ cup (94g) BBQ sauce
Preheat an air fryer to 350 degrees F / 180 degrees C.
Use olive oil to lightly coat the air fryer basket.
Place the frozen chicken thighs into the air fryer basket and cook for about 25 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F / 74 degrees C. Check for doneness and adjust the cooking time, depending on the size of the chicken thighs.
Brush chicken with BBQ sauce and air fry for 2 additional minutes.
Allow the chicken thighs to rest for several minutes before serving.
- Always check labels when eating a low sugar or gluten free diet. You will only be using a small amount of BBQ sauce but it can have some hidden ingredients.
- If your frozen chicken thighs are clumped together you will need to run them under cold water for a few minutes. This will help the frozen chicken thighs to separate. You do not need to defrost the frozen chicken thighs, simply separate them.
- Air fryer cooking times should be used as a guide. Adjust cooking times as needed depending on the size of your frozen chicken thighs. Smaller chicken thighs may cook a bit faster but larger frozen chicken thighs may need to air fry for 30 minutes or more.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with olive oil before adding the chicken thighs.
- The air fryer works well because hot air can circulate all around the chicken so it is important to leave space between the chicken thighs.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket and always air fry frozen chicken thighs in batches if they don’t fit well.
- Always check for doneness with a meat thermometer. The temperature should be 165 degrees F / 74 degrees C when inserted into the thickest part of the chicken.
- Cook frozen chicken thighs to the appropriate temperature then brush the chicken thighs with your favorite BBQ sauce and air fryer for a few minutes to set the sauce.
- Boneless chicken thighs will cook faster so you will need to adjust the time accordingly if cooking boneless chicken thighs.
- Storage - keep leftovers in an airtight container inside the fridge for 4 days.
- There are 9 WW Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving of this.
Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 251mg | Potassium: 269mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 124IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg