- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts thinly sliced
- 3 large bell pepper deseeded and sliced
- 1 large onion peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons fajita seasoning or to taste
- Salt optional
Light up the campfire or grill to medium high or preheat the oven to 400F / 200C / gas 6.
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until everything is coated
Split the chicken fajitas mix across 2 sheets of aluminium foil and fold edges of foil up around the food to form a closed foiled packet.
Recipe Tips And Variations
- Thin chicken pieces - Make sure your chicken is sliced up thin so that it cooks at the same rate as your pepper and onions.
- Careful of liquid - be careful when you open the foil pack some liquid will have gathered at the bottom from the steaming veggies, carefully pour it away (or save it to flavor rice or pasta) before diving in.
- Add extra foil - Sometimes doubling the foil is a great way to keep in the steam and liquid the food cooks in.
- Vary the spices - feel free to use taco seasoning or another seasoning to your taste.
- Add heat - chili powder, cayenne, or chipotle are easy ways to add in heat.
- Vary the meat - you can totally use turkey instead.
- Less chicken - feel free to reduce the chicken in these camping fajitas a little bit or replace the chicken breast with some cheaper cuts like chicken thighs.
- Bulk it up – Stir sliced olives or mushrooms into the sauce for more bulk.
- Add beans – Adding in some seasoned black beans is a great way to bulk it up.
- This recipe stores for 4 days so you can eat it on the day you cook it plus four more days.
- Separate leftovers into up portions in airtight meal prep containers and let cool completely with the lids off.
- When cool, close them and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- To vary it up through the week and make different meals feel free to serve along with rice, in a wrap using tortillas, as a salad, stirred into pasta, and more.
Weight Watchers Points
- There is 1 Blue Plan SmartPoint in a serving of this.
- Replace the oil with a no-calorie cooking spray, and there are 0 Blue Plan SmartPoints in a serving.
Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 141mg | Potassium: 875mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 5624IU | Vitamin C: 233mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg