- 6 cups (642g) cooked penne pasta or other pasta shape
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 2 cups (284g) chicken cooked and diced
- 1 ½ cups (123g) cheddar cheese cubed
- 16 ounces (453g) cream cheese
- ⅓ cup (82g) milk optional; use if you prefer a thinnerpasta sauce
- ¼ cup (78g) Franks Red Hot sauce
- 1 ½ cups (123g) shredded cheese
- optional: dried chives for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C o gas mark 4.
Lightly oil a large baking dish and add in the cooked pasta.
In a bowl, combine diced cheddar cheese, cream cheese, garlic, hot sauce, and milk (if using). Microwave for 45 seconds until everything is melted and can be easily stirred to combine.
Pour the mixture over the pasta, add in the diced chicken, and mix together well.
Top with the shredded cheese and bake in for about 25 minutes, or until bubbly and top is golden brown.
Garnish with dried chives before serving.
- Both the chicken and pasta should be fully cooked before assembling and baking this casserole.
- Use a teaspoon of garlic powder instead of fresh garlic.
- For a thinner sauce, add a third of a cup of milk.
- Add a bit more or less of the hot sauce, to suit your desired heat level.
- Prep Ahead – Precook the pasta up to 2 days in advance. Toss it with a bit of oil and store it in the fridge until you are ready to assemble and bake the dish.
- Storage – Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freeze – Assemble the casserole, but do not bake. Wrap well and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before baking as directed.
Calories: 533kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 129mg | Sodium: 700mg | Potassium: 218mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1242IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 382mg | Iron: 2mg