- 6 bell peppers that are similar in size; hollowed out and seeds removed
- 1 cup (101g) chopped celery
- 1 cup (150g) chopped bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/4 cup (60g) buffalo hot sauce or more, to taste
- 2 cups (280g) shredded chicken cooked
- 1 cup (83g) grated cheese
Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F or 180 degrees C.
Prep the bell peppers by hollowing them out and removing the seeds.
In a bowl, combine chopped peppers, celery, minced garlic, hot sauce and shredded chicken.
Stuff each of the peppers with the buffalo chicken mixture.
Place the stuffed peppers in the air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes.
Open the air fryer basket, top peppers with grated cheese, and cook for a couple more minutes until cheese has melted.
- Choose peppers with a flattish bottom so that they stand up during air frying. If you find your peppers are not standing nice, you can make foil nests for them.
- Choose similar sized peppers so they cook at the same rate.
- Don't overcrowd the Air Fryer in order for your food to cook evenly. Make sure to leave space between each pepper, and cook them in batches if needed.
- Depending on the size of the peppers, you may have some filling leftover for which you can just stuff another pepper.
- Buy chicken in bulk and/or on sale and freeze until needed.
- Reduce the amount of chicken and bulk out the filling with beans, cooked rice, or more veggies.
- Easily double this recipe and then freeze the extra peppers to make an easy weeknight meal later.
- Storage - keep leftovers in an airtight container inside the fridge for 4 days.
- There are 5 WW Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving.
Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 478mg | Potassium: 475mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 4787IU | Vitamin C: 184mg | Calcium: 159mg | Iron: 1mg