- 24 ounces (696g) boneless skinless chicken breasts 4 average-size chicken breasts
- 8 slices bacon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C.
Lightly spray a baking dish with oil.
Wrap each chicken breast in bacon (I used two strips per chicken breast) and secure with toothpicks if needed.
Place the bacon wrapped chicken on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
When the chicken is done the bacon should be just about to crisp and the internal temperature of the chicken should be at least 165 degrees F or 194 degrees C.
Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes, then remove toothpicks (if any) before serving.
- Thoroughly dry the chicken with paper towels before wrapping it with bacon.
- Season the chicken with your favorite blend of herbs and spices if desired.
- Use toothpicks to secure the bacon, if necessary.
- You may need to use more than one piece of bacon per chicken breast, depending on the size of chicken and bacon.
- Slice larger chicken breasts in half then wrap each half with bacon. The cooking time will be less, so be sure to use a meat thermometer to check for doneness.
- Double this recipe for a large family, when serving guests, or for weekly meal prep.
- Don’t overcook the chicken so it will be juicy and tender.
- Be sure to remove any toothpicks before serving.
- Cook until an instant thermometer reads 165 degrees F or 74 degrees C when inserted into the thickest part of the chicken.
- Storage - keep leftovers in an airtight container inside the fridge for 4 days.
- There are 7 WW Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving of this.
Calories: 377kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 138mg | Sodium: 489mg | Potassium: 716mg | Vitamin A: 67IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg