- 1 pound (40g) baby potatoes cut in half
- 2 carrots peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1 pound (450g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 28 ounces (790g) condensed cream of chicken soup (2 cans)
- ¾ cup (170g) reduced-sodium chicken stock
- tablespoons Ranch dressing seasoning mix or 1 pouch
Using a neutral-flavored oil, lightly grease the crockpot insert.
Arrange the potatoes and carrots in the bottom of the insert. Then add the bacon and green onions.
Place the chicken breasts on top and sprinkle on the Ranch seasoning mix.
Combine the cream of chicken soup and chicken stock in a bowl, then pour over the chicken. Make sure the chicken is completely submerged.
Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours, or on low for 8-9 hours.
When chicken is done and the internal temperature has reached 165F / 74C, switch off the slow cooker, garnish with chopped fresh herbs, and serve.
Recipe inspired by Life in the Lofthouse
- Lightly oiling the crock pot will prevent food from sticking to the bottom, but you can skip this step if you prefer.
- Cut the potatoes and carrots into similar-sized pieces for even cooking.
- If your chicken breasts are large, you can cut them in half vertically or gently pound to an even thickness using a meat mallet.
- Combine the soup and broth before pouring over the chicken.
- Chicken must be completely covered by liquid. You may need to press it down with a spoon.
- Use leftover bacon. I store leftover cooked bacon in the freezer which can then be added directly to crockpot without thawing.
- Prepare the ingredients in a freezer-safe container or Zip-top freezer bag and keep in the freezer to cook later.
- Slow cooker temperatures can vary, so it's important to check your food for doneness. The internal temperature should read 165F / 74C when a meat thermometer is inserted into the thickest part of the chicken breast.
- Storage – keep leftovers in an airtight container inside the fridge for up to 4 days.
- There are 7 WW Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving of this.
Calories: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 1136mg | Potassium: 797mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 3724IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 3mg