- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or less, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil for drizzling
- ½ pound (226g) red cabbage cut into wedges
- ½ pound (226g) brussels sprouts stems removed
- 1 red onion cut into 8 sections
Preheat oven to 400F / 200C.
In a bowl, mix together garlic powder, paprika, apple cider vinegar and mustard, then add the chicken thighs, tossing to combine.
Transfer the seasoned chicken onto a rimmed sheet pan.
Add the cabbage, brussels sprouts and red onion around the chicken and drizzle with oil.
Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165F / 74C.
If desired, place under the broiler for a few minutes to brown it a bit more before serving.
- If time allows, combine chicken, seasonings, and mustard the night before, the place in an airtight container inside the fridge overnight so it absorbs all of the flavors.
- Trim the ends off the Brussels sprouts. If they are large, you can cut them in half.
- Cut the cabbage and onions into wedges so they cook more evenly.
- Preheat the oven and avoid opening the door during cooking.
- Always check for doneness with a meat thermometer. The temperature should be 165F / 74C when inserted into the thickest part of chicken breasts.
- Storage - keep leftovers in an airtight container inside the fridge for up to 4 days.
- There are 7 WW Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving of this.
Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 137mg | Potassium: 522mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 967IU | Vitamin C: 55mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 2mg