- 2 pounds (907g) chicken breast boneless, skinless and cut into 2-inch cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup (118ml) sriracha
- ½ cup (118ml) soy sauce
- ½ cup (118ml) honey
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- sesame seeds and chopped scallions for garnish (optional)
Slow Cooker Instructions:
Lightly spray the bottom of a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Add the chicken pieces to the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper.
Pour in the sriracha, soy sauce, honey, garlic, lemon juice and vinegar and stir gently to distribute the sauce evenly over chicken.
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, stirring occasionally.
When cooking time is complete, add cornstarch to the slow cooker and cook for an additional 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve with rice and garnish with sesame seeds and scallions.
Stove Top Instructions:
Heat a small amount of oil in a large skillet.
Season chicken with salt and pepper and saute until cooked through.
Transfer the chicken to a plate and set it aside.
Add the garlic to the pan and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add the remaining ingredients, except for the cornstarch, sesame seeds and scallions.
Allow the sauce to come to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened and heated through.
Mix the cornstarch with a small amount of water and add it to the pan stirring to thicken the sauce.
Return the chicken to the pan to warm through and coat with the sauce before garnishing and serving.
- Always check for doneness with a meat thermometer. The temperature should be 165F / 74C when inserted into the thickest part of chicken breasts.
- If you use larger pieces of chicken, you may need to adjust the cooking time. Always rely on your meat thermometer.
- If using frozen chicken, make sure it is thawed completely before adding to the crockpot.
- Storage - keep leftovers in an airtight container inside the fridge for 4 days.
- There are 6 WW Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving of this.
Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 1786mg | Potassium: 667mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 78IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg