- 1 pound (454g) boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 bell peppers cut into 1-inch pieces, use different colors
- 1 large onion cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ pineapple peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup (75g) BBQ sauce
Prep the kabobs by threading the ingredients onto wooden or metal skewers, alternating between chicken, peppers, onion, and pineapple. These don’t have to be layered any specific way, just make sure to mix up the veggies and chicken.
Brush the skewers with olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
Heat a grill or a grill pan to medium-high heat. Cook the chicken kabobs for 5 minutes. Then, flip the skewers and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken registers 165F / 74C on an instant read thermometer.
Brush the kabobs with BBQ sauce and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes per side, or just until the BBQ sauce is warmed through.
- Cutting the meat and veggies into similar-sized pieces will ensure even cooking.
- Soak the skewers in water before assembling the kababs and the wood won’t burn as easily.
- Brush with oil to prevent the skewers from sticking to the pan.
- Don’t brush with BBQ sauce until the last few minutes of cooking. This will prevent the sauce from burning.
- Always check for doneness with a meat thermometer. The temperature should be 165F / 74C when inserted into the thickest part of chicken breasts.
- Storage - keep cooked kabobs in an airtight container inside the fridge for up to 3 days.
- There are 3 WW Blue Plan SmartPoints in one serving of this.
Calories: 287kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 381mg | Potassium: 764mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 2017IU | Vitamin C: 134mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg