- 4 chicken breasts sliced into tenders
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
Slice chicken into strips and set aside.
Combine the marinade ingredients in a bag or bowl and add in the chicken.
Allow the chicken to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes, up to 8 hours.
Preheat an oiled grill or oiled griddle to medium-high heat.
Grill chicken tenders for 6-8 minutes total or 3-4 minutes per side.
Grilling Chicken Tenders On The Stove
The best method for grilling chicken strips on the stove is to use a griddle. A griddle pan has ridges similar to the grates in a grill.
Allow the pan to get very hot before adding your chicken, and you will get the grill marks just like you would from an outdoor grill.
- If cutting your own chicken tenders, cut them as evenly as possible so they cook evenly.
- Avoid leaving the chicken in the marinade for more than 8 hours as the chicken will begin to break down and have an unpleasant texture.
- Oil the grates of the grill before heating to prevent sticking.
- Chicken will usually release from the grill when it's ready to be flipped. If it’s sticking, give it a few more seconds and then try again.
- Flip the chicken halfway through the cooking time.
- Always check for doneness with a meat thermometer to determine how long to grill chicken tenders. The internal temperature should be 165F / 74C when inserted into the thickest part of chicken breasts.
- Storage - keep in an airtight container inside the fridge for 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- There is just 1 WW Blue Plan SmartPoint in one serving of this.
Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 263mg | Potassium: 880mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 82IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg