- 1.5 lb (680g) whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons dry rub of your choice
- no-calorie cooking spray or olive oil just a spritz
Preheat the air fryer to 350F / 180C.
Place the dry chicken on a plate and rub the seasoning all over the chicken, including in the cavity.
Spray air fryer with cooking spray before adding the chicken breast side down into the air fryer basket and cook for 30 minutes on one side.
Then turn the bird around and cook for another 15-30 minutes. The exact time will depend on the size of the chicken.
Allow chicken to rest for about 15 minutes before carving.
Tips For Success And Variations
- Adding it in breast side down at the start helps keep the breast juicy.
- If you can, tie the legs together to keep them juicy too.
- Make sure the chicken is dry before you add the seasoning so that the rub sticks on.
- Season your Air Fryer Rotisserie Chicken seasoning to your taste with herbs like Old bay seasoning, creole seasoning, Greek seasoning, Thyme, Oregano and more.
- Add red pepper flakes or chipotle etc for some heat.
Budget Friendly Tips
- If you have the freezer space, buy chicken when it is on sale and freeze it for later.
- Save the chicken carcass and use t to make some homemade chicken broth or stock.
- Pick off all the leftover chicken meat of the carcass and use it to make salad, sandwiches, pasta dishes, fried rice and more.
Weight Watchers Points
If you use as no-calorie cooking spray, there are 0 Blue Plan SmartPoints in a serving.
Calories: 121kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 38mg | Potassium: 112mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 111IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg