Learn how easy it is to make deliciously sticky Instant Pot Coca Cola Chicken Wings with minimal prep and 6 ingredients that are ready to devour in less than 25 minutes. Instant Pot Chicken Wings are a simpler version of a classic comfort food the whole family will love.
Suitable for gluten free diets. Post includes Weight Watchers points.
Move over, buffalo chicken wings! This Instant Pot Chicken Wings recipe featuring a delightfully sticky Coca-cola sauce is going to become your new favorite way to enjoy crispy chicken wings.
This is a super easy 6-ingredient chicken wing recipe, and thanks to simple everyday pantry staples like Coca-Cola, paprika, soy sauce, and garlic powder, these chicken wings have an amaaaaaazing flavor that will be loved by the whole family.
The great thing about making Instant Pot chicken wings is that they cook up much quicker than traditional methods (5 minutes cook time under pressure) and turn out juicy and fall of the bone tender.
Plus broiling the chicken wings in the sweet sticky cola sauce just makes them taste that much more delectable. Every bit as delicious as these Air Fryer Chicken Wings and the great snack that is these Lemon Pepper Wings.
These Coca Cola Wings are as delicous as this easy Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip, so they’re perfect for game day snacking, BBQs, a deliciously different appetizer, backyard cookouts, picnics, and they make an easy dinner too.
Why Make This Recipe
- Easy – Instant Pot wings are so simple to make.
- Fast – These chicken wings are ready in about 30 minutes.
- Flavorful – delicious chicken wings packed with tons of flavor thanks to the Coca-Cola and paprika and finishing on the broiler or grill.
- Affordable – Making chicken wings at home is budget friendly.
- Dietary – this Instant Pot chicken recipe is gluten free.
- Chicken Wings – This uses bone-in fresh chicken wings. You can use boneless wings, but you will have to adapt the cooking time.
- Coca-Cola – To give the chicken wings an amazing flavor. You can even use Cherry Coke or Vanilla Coke.
- Sugar – Brown sugar gives a nice sweet flavor and also helps caramelize the wings.
- Soy Sauce – Use gluten-free soy sauce or Tamari to keep this Instant Pot Chicken Wings recipe suitable for gluten free diets.
- Seasonings – smoked paprika and garlic powder work well in this. Feel free to add in regular paprika and other spices to your taste.
How To Make Instant Pot Chicken Wings
Get full ingredients list and instructions from the recipe card below.
- Add chicken wings into the Instant Pot.
- Pour in the Coke and add in the gluten-free soy sauce (or regular), half the sugar, garlic powder, and smoked paprika.
- Lock the Instant Pot, turn the valve to the sealing position, select pressure cook or manual on high pressure, and set the timer for 5 minutes.
- Once done, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, followed by a quick pressure release to release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the cooked wings (leave the liquid in the Instant Pot) and transfer them to a lined broiler-safe baking pan tray.
- Add the remaining sugar into the pressure cooker, select sauté and cook the liquid until it’s reduced to a thick sauce.
- Brush the sauce over the chicken wings and broil them for about 5 minutes until crispy. Then serve and enjoy!
Instant Pot Chicken Wings Tips And Variations
- Broilers will cook at different rates, so do keep a close eye on your chicken wings and turn them when needed
- Use long tongs to remove the chicken wings from the instant pot and turn them under the broiler or grill.
- If you are short on time, skip the grilling / broiling stage. While the Instant Pot chicken wings won’t have that extra smoky flavor, they will still taste great.
- Serve Instant Pot wings with carrots and celery sticks, cooked rice, pasta, mashed potatoes, grilled veggies, salad, and more.
- Use this recipe to make classic Buffalo chicken wings. All you have to do is swap the cola for buffalo sauce and use water instead of soy sauce. You could even replace the cola with BBQ sauce if preferred.
Prep Ahead and Storage
- Prep Ahead – Separate cooked chicken wings into individual portions in airtight containers and allow them to cool completely before placing the lids on.
- Storage – Keep Instant Pot Chicken Wings in the fridge for 4 days.
- Reheat – For crispy chicken wings, reheat in the oven or air fryer.
Yes! You can make this recipe with frozen chicken wings. The best part about making Instant Pot wings is that it’s easy to cook frozen chicken wings as well as fresh wings. Just add a couple of minutes of additional cooking time when using frozen wings to make this Instant Pot Chicken Wings recipe.
Yes, it is safe to use Coca-Cola in the Instant Pot. When it boils, Coke slowly thickens and creates a delicious sauce for chicken wings.
More Chicken Wing Recipes
More Recipes You Might like
- Creamy Instant Pot Chicken Thighs.
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken.
- Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl.
- Buffalo Chicken Tenders.
Weight Watchers Points
There are 6 Blue Plan SmartPoints in a serving of this.
Loved this recipe? Don’t forget to share it and spread the love!
Get The Instant Pot Chicken Wings Recipe
Instant Pot Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds (900g) chicken wings
- 1 cup (240ml) Coca-Cola
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce or Tamari or regular soy sauce
- ¾ cup (150g) brown sugar plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Place chicken wings in the Instant Pot.
- Pour in the coca-cola and soy sauce and add half the brown sugar, garlic powder, and smoked paprika.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, turn the valve to the sealing position, select pressure cook or manual on high pressure and set the timer for 5 minutes.
- Once done let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then perform a quick pressure release.
- Remove the cook wings (leave the liquid in the Instant Pot) and transfer to a lined broiler safe baking pan.
- Add the remaining brown sugar to the Instant Pot, select sauté mode and cook until the liquid has reduced to a thick sauce.
- Brush the sauce over the chicken wings and then broil for about 5 minutes, until crispy.
- Broilers will cook at different rates, so do keep a close eye on your wings and turn them when needed
- Use long tongs to remove the wings from the instant pot and turn them under the broiler or grill.
- If you are short on time, skip the grilling/broiling stage. While they won’t have that extra smoky flavor, they will still taste great.
- Storage – keep in an airtight container inside the fridge for 4 days.
- There are 6 WW Blue Plan SmartPoints in a serving of this.